Friday, July 31, 2009

6 Things to do with Samples

Do you have lots of samples or trial sizes (freebies that you get in the mail or try me free coupons) and don't know what to do with them?

1) Use them for travel/camping.

I have my routine and it seems as soon as I brush my teeth I put my toothbrush in the toothbrush holder and will forget to put it in my suitcase every time. So I have inexpensive/free toothbrush, free sample toothpaste, free sample shampoo, etc. I pack them right away and I don't have to worry about remembering to pack them.

2) Place them in a small basket and use them for when you have company (in case they forgot something). Place the basket in the guest bedroom or bathroom.

3) You can make up a Bride and Groom Honeymoon Travel Kit as a going away gift for newlyweds.

4) Make up a Bathroom necessities basket for someone moving. It's small enough that they can keep it with them in the car and have the basic necessities with them until they are unpacked and settled in.

5) Make up a necessities basket to give to someone that lost their home in a fire (I know that is sad, but unfortunately it happens). A friend of mine (I didn't know her at the time) lost their home to a fire and she said that when they went to stay at a hotel to sleep for the night she said, "We didn't even have a toothbrush and toothpaste."

6) It is also nice for college students on a limited budget. Save all your samples and keep reloading the college student (that is living away from home) every time they come home.

I send in for all sorts of trial/sample sizes that I find on the web and keep them in a designated box/basket. I know where they are and I can go "shopping" there if I need something. It is also great for when I know that I am down to the last of my deo and plan on picking some up (but forget), and when I go to use it the last bit of my solid falls in the floor into small bits or the aerosol can is completely empty. I go "shopping" again in my samples until I can make it to the store. Samples/trial sizes are smaller and easier to pack and often times I can throw away an empty container before I come home (makes unpacking easier).

Do you have any more suggestions on what to do with samples or trial sizes?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails