Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm the Queen of Last Minute Cooking

Unfortunately I'm the Self-proclaimed Queen of Last Minute Cooking. I usually decide around 4:30 p.m what I am going to fix for supper the same night (try to get it on the table before hubby gets home around 5:30).

Here is a great last minute recipe (it's nice for summer too because you cook it in the microwave).

Quick Tuna Noodle Casserole

2 C wide egg noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (6 oz.) can tuna
1/2 C milk
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper (I use 1/2 tsp.)
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 C frozen kernel corn (I use 1 can drained, whole kernel corn)
1 C shredded cheese

Cook noodles in water in microwave for 8 min. on high. Drain noodles. Add mushroom soup, tuna, milk, butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder and corn. Top with shredded cheese. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

I have a very similar tuna noodle casserole that I make, just replace the cream of mushroom with cream of celery and instead of corn I use peas and carrots! Cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails