Thursday, July 9, 2009

More Boy Stuff


This outfit is brick red and ecru gingham with an apple applique out of brick red pinwale corduroy. The shirt is ecru with the brick red corduroy for piping around the collar and the sleeves.


Yes, I made it reversible. This side is the brick red pinwale corduroy. I made this outfit for my niece's wedding. Anthony was a flower boy in the wedding. One of my nephews was also a flower boy in the wedding so I made Andrew the same outfit (I lined his with the red and ecru lining, but I didn't make his reversible). They wore the solid color at the wedding. The wedding was in October of 2007.


This is Morgan (another nephew - I have 11 nieces and nephews), Anthony (in his outfit) and Lee (my oldest). Morgan and Lee were going to walk down with Anthony and Andrew because we didn't know if they (the 2 little ones) would walk down by theirselves. Anthony was willing, but Andrew wasn't.


This is Anthony holding his brand new cousin, Danika, at the wedding. (Yes, he has this huge cut, bump, bruise on his forehead.)


This is Andrew (Danika's older brother) at the wedding in the outfit that I made.


This was an outfit that I made a couple of years ago. I am a big fan of Jon-Jons, I just think they are so cute. The sail boat that is appliqued on the front is from the same green and white gingham that it is lined with (actually I made it reversible - I love reversible, you get twice the use out of one outfit). The shirt has the same green and white gingham as the applique for the piping around the collar.

Both of the above outfits are 'Will' by Collars Etc., regular front, short jumpsuit.

For more boy stuff, click here.

2 comments:

The Family of Logo said...

These are really cute, but my boys have NEVER been the "cute" type... boy boy boy all the way! Not to mention mine are now 3,7,8 and 10 years old! I might just have to make one of these for my sister's new baking baby boy though! Thank you "sew" much for posting these ideas! You're so thoughtful!

Jena said...

I know what you mean. My boys have always been 'All boy' so I have to tell you this story. One day I was dressing one of my little ones (can't remember which one) in a "cute" outfit and he started crying (he was somewhere between 1 & 2 - I honestly didn't think he'd care). Frank spoke up and said, "Sorry son, you're on your own for a little longer. When you're a little older I'll take up for you and mom won't get to dress you that way anymore." Frank was pretty good to let me dress them how I wanted (as long as they didn't look like a girl) when they were little with very few comments, but on ocassion he would put his foot down telling me they were a little old for that outfit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails