Thursday, July 16, 2009

Birthday Cakes

Over at Life As Mom she is having a birthday cake round up (so we can all get ideas from one another - what a great idea! - go check it out because there are some really cool cakes there).

I am going to post mine again, so if you have already seen these, please forgive me.

I'm not very creative, but as long as my kids are happy - that's all that matters. (I do have fun in the process too.)


Champ didn't know what kind of cake he wanted, but he is really into Pokemon, so I thought of a Pokeball cake. (It has to be pretty easy, I'm not that talented.)


Anthony wanted a Star Wars cake and he wanted it black. I didn't want to do a whole cake in black so I trimmed it in black. Again, I'm not that creative so I used plastic Star Wars figures purchased from the store (washed them and set them on top of the cake). He loved it (he got to keep and play with the toys after we cut the cake). They should make cake toppers more durable, not that flimsy easy to break plastic, (to serve double duty - cake topper and toy...Hey!! Cake topper makers, are you listening?).

4 comments:

Mrs. Frogster said...

Hey you are very creative, and nothing like getting some new toys on the cake! :)

Unknown said...

Very cool cakes!

The Family of Logo said...

I seriously want to know how you made that Pokeball cake! My kids always want Pokemon themed parties but they don't have the Pokemon designs in the stores... I usually buy because by the time I get around to gathering the ingredients and making the cake, it it just not worth my time! Plus Albertson's makes delicious cakes that are affordable! But this is too cool to pass up!

Heather said...

I'd also like to know how you made the Pokeball cake. I'm doing a balloon theme for my daughter's birthday in June and I'm starting to think about cakes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails