Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I Need A Name

I am trying to come up with a name for our farm/ranch. Not sure what the difference really is (Frank said he thought it has to do with size now, but in the past...a farm was a place where the ground was turned for crops and a ranch was strictly cattle). We used to do both, but the last several years it has been cattle. It doesn't really matter to me whether I use the term ranch or farm (whichever sounds best). [FYI - We have about 40 acres of land.]

Here is what I've come up with so far...

CLEAR Ranch (C from Champ, LE from LEE, A from Anthony and R from Rance - spells CLEAR)

CLEAR Water Ranch (Frank's suggestion - not going to tell you why he suggested it)

Dry Creek Ranch/Farm - we have a creek on our land and it stays dry most of the time

Dogwood Hills - we have lots and lots of dogwood trees in the uncleared acreage of our property (which is hillside)

Which one is your favorite? Or do you have a suggestion that's completely different? Someone out there that's more creative than I am, please help me.

4 comments:

Amanda from Faith, Food and Family said...

I love the part about clear standing for the names but I really like Dry Creek. :)
God bless,
Amanda

The Family of Logo said...

I agree, I like the idea of the letters standing for your names... maybe consider:

Clear Hillside Farm or Clear Hills Ranch. I just love hills and the word "hillside" (I know, I'm strange) and I think that farm versus ranch flows nicely the way I have them worded here. not knowing you better personally, I will refrain from giving any other advice.

Jena said...

Thanks so much for the input. I have toyed with the idea of naming our place since we moved here. I'll try for awhile to come up with names and then give up, then later try again and give up (this has been going on for about 7 years). I'm determined to give it a name this time. I'll let you know what I decide.

Mz-Cellaneous said...

When we went on vacation, I saw a creek named "Tallgrass Creek" and thought that Tallgrass would be an awesome name for a ranch.

Tallgrass Ranch.

Which would perfectly describe my front yard at the moment. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails