Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What Language Does Your Child Speak?

I don't know if you remember me winning the book 'The Five Love Languages of Children.'

It is an excellent book. I highly recommend it for all parents, grandparents, teachers, daycare providers, and anyone that is around children.

According to Dr. Gary Chapman, there are 5 primary love languages spoken by everyone (everyone speaks all 5, but each person speaks 1 more loudly than the others). Here are the languages (in no particular order)...
1) Physical Touch
2) Quality Time
3) Words of Affirmation
4) Gifts
5) Acts of Service

Lee, my oldest, is my 'Quality Time' child (with a lot of 'Words of Affirmation' and 'Acts of Service' mixed in). Champ is my 'Physical Touch' child. Anthony and Rance are not old enough to place in a category yet. You should becareful about categorizing your child because they can change categories also.

If you like to read and you are around children, please give this book a chance, then tell me what you think. If you have already read the book, let me know what you thought about it and what language your child/children speak.

2 comments:

The Family of Logo said...

I have the Five Love Languages (for adults) and the little pocket handbook as well. I wonder how different the children and teen and boys vs girls versions really are. I speak words of affirmation and acts of service the loudest but I have still not been able to categorize my sons or my husband for that matter.

Jena said...

I have been wanting to read the 5 Love Languages for adults, maybe we could temorarily swap. ;0) From the 5 Love Languages for Children I can't figure out what love language my DH speaks or me for that matter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails