Saturday, July 11, 2009

Even More Boys Clothes

Still wrinkled.

The following outfit is a joint effort with a friend of mine, M. She and I couldn't find what we wanted for Easter. She wanted something with long pants (in case it was cool), but still looked springy (is that a word?). She also liked the way her son looks in light blue (he's blond haired and blue eyed). I told her we could make something. She was doubtful. Then the more we talked, we decided we wanted it reversible (you know I like that) and then we both like blue and brown together (so I just had to suggest plaid). And little by little we had designed this outfit in our heads. Now we just had to make it come to fruition. Look below and tell me what you think.........


This is what my 2 youngest boys wore last Easter (2008). I made 2 exactly the same, but I only took pictures of one. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the fabric is blue and brown and white plaid (have I mentioned that I luuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvv plaid?). I appliqued a brown bunny (to look like a chocolate bunny that might be in an Easter basket). I'm not sure if you can tell or not, but it has brown buttons on this side.


Here's the whole outfit. The trim on the collar and sleeves has matching plaid piping. I made it long enough to roll up the pant legs to see the lining (sort of - you know I had to make this reversible, I mean come on, if I'm going to line it anyway, why not?).


Here's the reversed side (blue pique'). I did an ice-cream cone for summer. I usually only applique on one side and have the other side plain, but the plaid material just screamed ice-cream cone at me (I placed it on the bias and I couldn't resist). Plus look how yummy the chocolate ice-cream looks. That makes me hungry, wait right here just a minute while I run get me some.

O.K. I'm back.


See it also brought out the plaid piping on the trim of the shirt. This side has blue buttons.


Here is the whole outfit with the cuff showing the plaid also. This pattern was 'Will' by Collars Etc. It has the regular front with the long jumpsuit.

I made the same outfit for a friend of mine's son for last Easter, but she wanted her's just a little different. (We don't go to the same church, so don't panic - no one thought we were copying each other, besides I wouldn't care if someone did think that - these are our kids and we can dress them how we want to.)


Here's the front of her's. (The ice-cream side is the same.)


She wanted carrots and grass for hers. (I used green jumbo rick-rack for the grass.)

Well, that's all I've got for now. I'll have to dig deeper to see if there is anything else (but I don't think there is). I'm too tired right now to add the links to other clothing that I have made, so until I feel like adding the link you can click on my right side bar and do a search this site for 'boys clothing.' Thanks for being such great readers. I hope you enjoyed what you saw and I hope I have inspired you to have a creative outlet.

1 comment:

Amanda from Faith, Food and Family said...

Love the clothes! I am a big fan of boys vintage looking stuff. I bought up what I could find at yard sales when I was pregnant with Jacob and after he was born. There is just something so cute about them! You're very talented!
God bless,
Amanda

Related Posts with Thumbnails