Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What's Your Take On It?

I was at the store the other day and commented to the cashier how my grocery bill was going to go up now that the boys were out of school for the summer. The cashier said "Maybe they will go over to friends' houses this summer."

Well, I explained to her that I don't really mind the grocery bill. The grocery bill to me is a small price to pay. I would rather my boys and their friends come over to our house. I want our house to be the "Hang Out" house.

What's your take on it? Would you rather your children go visit friends or would you rather their friends come over your house?

5 comments:

The Family of Logo said...

My house, definitely! We have the pool, a pirate ship, playground area, playhouse and trampoline! It's better than most, not as good as others, but the joy of being able to watch my boys interact with one another and their friends is a priceless gift!

Jena said...

You hit the nail on the head - it's priceless!!!

Frugal Sara said...

I love that my son always has his friends over to our house. He very rarely goes over to theirs. Sure, they eat like crazy and make a mess but you know what? I know what they are doing AT ALL TIMES. I can feel safe knowing that he is home with me. Like you said small price to pay with the grocery bill!

Amanda from Faith, Food and Family said...

Well I enjoy it either way. I love kids over here but we're in an apartment so it can get tight space wise real quick. I also have a friend who invites the mom over when she invites the kids. Usually anyway. She made the comment one day that she doesn't know why her mom always just had the kids over. It's much more fun to have the moms over as well. And I agree. :)

Jena said...

Great ideas Sara and Amanda. I really appreciate the input. I do enjoy the company of other mom's and I have done that on occassion, I'll have to do that more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails