Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Challenge for You

James is my favorite book in the New Testament. It is a short book, easy to read with very practical advise (and instruction from God). I challenge each of you to read it 3 times this week (I've heard that if you read 3 books on 1 subject you are considered an expert on that subject). I don't know if you would be considered and expert on the book of James, but you would obviously be more educated and closer to God.

If you are up for a major challenge. Read the book of James once each day this week. I bet if you do that, you would have read the book of James more times than most people.

My favorite translation of the Bible is the King James Version (it is the most acurate, but not easy to read). My next favorite is the New King James Version (basically KJV, but withou the Thee's and Thou's). When I read my bible I like to have several versions. I usually read the KJV, but if there is something that I'm having trouble understanding, I look at another version to see if it makes things clearer. Beware of what version you are reading, some versions leave things out and some add their own words into scripture.

"Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."
Deuteronomy 4:2 KJV

"What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it." Deuteronomy 12:32 KJV

"Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar." Proverbs 30:5-6 KJV

“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.” Revelation 22:18-19 KJV

Just remember... "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV

So...are you up for the challenge?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails