Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sewing Machine Meme


Sew Mama Sew is doing a Sewing Machine Meme and I would like to participate so here goes...

My Brand and Model of Sewing Machine: Bernina Artista 180

How long have I had it?: 1 year (it was my Mother's Day gift last year)

How much does this machine cost (approximately): Not exactly sure, mine was purchased used and was almost $1,000, my MIL said she thought new it was in the $3K range.

What do I sew with it?: clothing (mine, my kids', and gifts), handbags, totes, diaper bags, home dec projects, crafting projects, anything that I am in the mood for.

How much do I sew?: Depends on my moods (sometimes I can't quit, I sew every chance I get, but with 4 boys it is not enough).

How do I feel about my machine?: I love it. My MIL let me borrow her Bernina (not sure what model but it was only a sewing machine) a couple of years ago and I fell in love with it. I have always wanted an embroidery machine so she helped my DH get my Bernina Artista (it's a sewing/embroidery machine) for me. I am still learning how to use the machine. Sometimes it doesn't do what I would like for it to do, but then I find out that it was an OE (operator error). ;o)

What features do I like?: I love the Free Hand System. That is probably my favorite feature (aside from the embroidery module).

Is there anything that drives me nuts about my machine?: Yes, I haven't learned it all yet.

Do I have a great story about it?: I have hinted about it already. It was my 'Mother's Day Gift' last year. I have been wanting one for a long, long, long time. Frank talked to his mom about it (she sews and has for years, she also has a sewing/embroidery mahcine, etc.). She got mine off of e-bay for Frank and it was shipped to her house. One day Frank called me from work and said I needed to go to his mom's and pick something up (it was just a couple of days before mother's day). When I got there it was my machine. I was so excited, I wasn't sure if it was real or not. I couldn't wait to get home and try it out, but when I got it home I was kind of afraid of it. I watched the video that came with it and I looked at all the manuals and finally I decided I needed to turn it on.

Would I recommend this machine to others?: Yes, deffinitely. Berninas have great reputations. They are good, quality machines, and very user friendly.

What factors do you think are important to consider when looking for a new machine? I really don't know. I have never purchased one. My mother bought me one several years ago at a yard sale (I thought I was interested, but I wasn't sure), so it was a good starter machine. My grandmother handed me down her Singer (it is an antique and still runs great!!!) My DH and MIL purchased the machine I have now for me as a gift.

Do I have a dream machine?: If I had a dream machine, it would be a new Bernina sewing/embroidery combo with all the bells and whistles (but only after I have mine all figured out). Basically I am very happy with what I have.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails