Saturday, June 27, 2009

I am so excited! (and a recipe to boot)

I just won 'A Month Of Meals E-Book' from 5 Minutes for Mom (you can check it out here). I really NEED it. I can hardly wait for it.

Usually I stand at the pantry at 4:30 p.m. trying to decide what to fix for supper before Frank gets home (at 5:30 p.m.). I know, that's really pitiful isn't it? When I get the E-book, I'll let you know how it goes.

Here is something that I fixed this past week (yes, at the last minute).

Jena's Marvelous Meatloaf

1 lb. ground beef
1/4 - 1/2 C oats
1 egg
1 Tbs. of dried minced onion or 1/2 of small onion finely chopped
1 Tbs. yellow mustard
1 Tbs. Heinz 57 Sauce
1 Tbs. A-1 Steak Sauce
1 Tbs. Ketchup
1 Tbs. Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce
1 Tbs. Dale's Seasoning
2 additional Tbs. of your favorite sauce listed above

Mix all the above ingredients together and mix well. Place in muffin cups or mini loaf pans (you can place in traditional loaf pan, but that takes too long - I'm always trying to get it on the table before DH gets home, remember?). Then top with more of your favorite sauce (mine is either the 57 Sauce or BBQ Sauce). [The nice thing about the muffin cups is 1) it cooks faster 30 min. or slightly less, 2) it is already in individual serving sizes-great for kids, 3) you can put a different topping on for every person (ketchup for the kids, BBQ Sauce for DH, 57 Sauce for me)]. Bake for about 30 min. depending on your oven (slightly less for muffin cups and slightly longer for mini-loaf pans and 45 min. - 1 hour for traditional loaf pan). Delicious!!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

I usually call my husband around 10:00 AM when I start to get hungry and ask for his advise on dinner... he doesn't like that! I make a lot of casseroles that can be thrown together at the last minute, or crock pot meals where I don't have to cook in the evenings since it's getting so hot! I'm all over reading more after you get your emeals... congrats on winning!

Related Posts with Thumbnails