Monday, January 11, 2010

God Made a Husband

This should probably go on a MHRF (My Husband Rocks Fridays) post (but I always seem to forget on Friday).

I found this poem that I wrote to my husband ages ago, I could probably write more due to the fact that my love for him still continues to grow each day. I am not a poet, but I think you will get it.

God Made A Husband

God wanted someone strong enough to be the "Head of the House,"
yet gentle enough to hold his wife when she cried,
so, God made a husband.

God wanted someone hardworking enough to work his 40 hours,
then come home and spend his day off helping his wife do her chores,
so, God made a husband.

God wanted someone tender enough to hold his new baby,
yet had enough strength to be both protector and provider,
so, God made a husband.

God wanted someone kind enough to take time out of his busy schedule to cuddle with his wife,
but afterward willing to work twice as hard to catch-up on what he let slide,
so, God made a husband.

God wanted someone firm enough to discipline his family when necessary,
but He also wanted someone soft enough to hug and kiss his family when he was finished,
so, God made a husband.

God wanted someone patient enough to have a hard day at work,
and is still able to sit quietly by and listen to his wife unburden her load on him,
so, God made a husband.

God wanted someone willing to work hard at paying the bills (sometimes requiring him to work two jobs),
and still willing to spend time working around the house, playing with his family, and whatever else they wanted or needed him to do,
so, God made a husband.

God wanted someone who would "leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife," but loved his family enough to keep them a part of his new life,
so, God made a husband.

God wanted someone willing to do all that a wife required of him,
but still be willing to lay down his life for her and "love her as Christ so loved the Church,"
so, God made a husband.

I believe with all my heart that God made you just for me. Thank you Lord.

~Jena
2-26-97

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

what a wonderful post! I bet your husband loves know you feel this way about him, this is truly a blessing for me to read, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails