Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Preschool Game


Look what I found! (I love finding lots of interesting stuff on line - blogs are great for this.) I found a home-made "I Spy" Game and directions here from Make It and Love It (one of my new faves). I used a simple square shape with a circular window.

I used items that I found around the house (an old key, a penny, a halloween spider ring with the ring part cut off, a smooth rock, bee & dragonfly shaped buttons, lego piece, etc.). It's great because you can put in things that your kids like.

This was really fun and easy. I am thinking about doing it for the kids in my Sunday morning class for valentines day (I teach 2 & 3 year olds). If I do it for Valentine's Day, I will use red hearts in stead of squares and circles.

I thought this would be a quite game the kids could play in church, in the car, Dr. office, etc. I made mine last night and the kids have had so much fun trying to see what all is in it. They also play with me or each other by saying "I spy ________." Then the other person has to spy something different and keep going until you can't find anything different.

Try it and let me know what you think about it (what did you put in your 'I Spy' game?).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails