Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Basement Remodel 4

Well, I found this great stripe heavy duty fabric. It was barn red, denim blue and a goldish yellowish stripe. So I went with the mustard seed yellow in the stairs.

I had been looking for a barn star for decoration for quite awhile. A friend of mine found one (in barn red) and purchased it for me last year. So I had been holding on to this for a year until I got my stairway painted and could hang it up. It's perfect!

I needed something more than the barn star on that tall narrow wall. Another friend of mine gave me the idea of putting a fake window on the end wall of the stairway. My dad gave me this window (it was one my mother had been using for decoration) and I found a mirror the same size up in dad's attic.



There was a ledge where the cinderblock was wide and the walls weren't that wide. Frank finished it outto dress it up a bit for me.




Now I had a door at the top of the stairs. I couldn't very well leave it plain. I just had to do something with it. So I painted it the mustard seed yellow. I felt like I needed something more than the red barn star to tie in the barn red in the basement, so I fly specked the door in the barn red.

Still not enough. The door needs something else. Wait! I've got it! It needs to be welcoming, so what could be more welcoming than the word "Welcome"? I stenciled that in a flat black.




Basement Remodel Part 1
Basement Remodel Part 2
Basement Remodel Part 3
Basement Remodel Part 5
Basement Remodel Part 6
More Details

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails