Thursday, May 7, 2009

Teacher Appreciation Week

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week. This is what I did for each of my kids' teachers (I have 2 in school)...

Being on a limited budget I can't do as much as I would like. I went to the Dollar Store and got them each 5 or 6 items in a theme (I did a picnic theme, Lee's teacher got all red items and Champ's teacher got all blue items).

They each got...
a party bucket,
a set of condiment bowls,
a set of tumblers,
a set of waterless ice cubes,
a plastic table cloth,
and a squirt bottle.
(Sorry, I forgot to take pictures.)

I wrapped each item in matching tissue paper and curling ribbon and I had 'Thank You' notes especially for teachers (Dollar Store also). I had the boys sign 5 cards each and inside each card I included a summer recipe. They boys have taken their teachers a gift each day this week (they will take one tomorrow also). At the end of the week the teachers will have 5 summer recipes, and a beginner set of picnic items.

Last year each day I sent a mug (they all matched) with something in it...
...chocolate covered spoons (homemade),
...homemade hot chocolate mix,
...flavored teas,
...flavored coffees,
and the last day they got a plate (that matched the mugs) with homemade breads, cakes on it.

At the end of the week they had a set of 4 mugs and matching plate/platter (and goodies they could eat).

I also like what Skip To My Lou did this year. You can check it out here. I might do that next year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails