Saturday, March 21, 2009

What's for Supper?


We had Easy Chicken Casserole (recipe follows), with a side of green beans, a side of carrots with brown sugar, and a side of spinach balls (recipe here).

I got the recipe for the Spinach balls from Amy over at The Motherload. They are supposed to be an appetizer, but I was dying to try them. I thought they would be a great way to get my boys to eat spinach. It didn't work. They had their mind made up before they even tried them, so they 'think' they don't like them. (Poor spinach balls didn't even stand a chance.) Frank doesn't like spinach, but tried them because I asked him to (isn't he a great hubby?) and he likes them. I will be taking them to the next church social.

Recipe for the Easy Chicken Casserole (given to me by a friend GM)
4 - 6 large chicken breasts
1 pkg. chicken flavored stuffing
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 C milk
1 small can water chestnuts, drained
bread crumbs, Ritz crackers or almond slivers

Boil chicken until tender. Let cool and cut or tear meat into bite size pieces. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Mix soups with about 1 cup of milk (more if you want it thinner). Add stuffing and chicken to soup mixture. Pour into casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray. Top with bread crumbs, crushed Ritz crackers (that's my fave), or almond slivers. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min. uncovered.

1 comment:

LollyChops said...

Those spinach balls sound delish!!! I love anything with spinach in it... so I'll have to give them a try!

Related Posts with Thumbnails