Thursday, March 12, 2009

What Do I Do With It?



I wanted to try my hand at the broomstick lace crochet, so I took a small ball of yarn and tried it. It turned out pretty good, but now what do I do with it? It is too small for anything (maybe a short scarf?).

Stitch Diva has a wonderful video teaching how to do the broomstick stitch or broomstick lace here. While you are there look at the jacket she made using the broomstick lace. It is beautiful (it has 2 sleeve lengths). That's one that I would like to make, but I have too many projects on my plate right now as it is. Maybe another time and another day.

~Jena

1 comment:

Mz-Cellaneous said...

how weird. The broomstick stitch is the first crochet stitch I learned when I was like 7. *really*. First thing I made was a really ugly pale teal green scarf. LOL.

I just said the other day, that it was really the only stitch I knew very well up to adulthood, and that I'd not seen it since!
*weird*

I vote for scarf. Put a button on it and make it a scarflette

Related Posts with Thumbnails