Saturday, March 5, 2011

Nature's First Green is Gold

Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leafs a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

There's a lot of green going on with St. Patrick's Day coming up. I normally don't do much on St. Patrick's Day, but I thought I'd give it a go. I crocheted this cute Shamrock Dish Cloth (pattern here).



I had knitted and crocheted a couple of heart dish cloths around Valentine's Day and then the one above. Which got me to thinking, if I made one each holiday, at the end of the year I would have a whole set. If I made 2 each holiday then I would have a set to keep and a set to give away. If I make one as each holiday comes around, then it doesn't seem too overwhelming, not like trying to make a dozen all at once.




While I was at it (maybe I did it before the Shamrock Dish cloth) I made a few small shamrocks or clovers. I found the directions here. These are so super simple and whip up really quick. I added a safety pin to the back of a couple of them to make them to wear on St. Patrick's Day.

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

I never thought much about St. Patrick's Day growing up (except the traditional "wear green or get pinched"), but 10 years ago this St. Patrick's Day I gave birth to my second son and have celebrated every March 17th ever since! One year we even had a St. Patrick's Day themed party!

These are adorable!

I know I haven't commented much lately (I've got a lot on my plate these days) but don't for a minute think I'm not on the other side of the screen enjoying the things you've been sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails