Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Letters to God



We had our MNO (Mother's Night Out) with our MOPS group on Saturday night. Our host showed the movie 'Letters to God.' To be honest, I had seen the movie at Redbox and read the description (basically it's about a little boy with cancer and he wrote letters to God) and I didn't think that I wanted to see it. It just sounded depressing and sad.

Boy, was I wrong. There were some sad moments in the movie, but it was a fantastic movie. His letters that he wrote to God, were his way of praying to God. In all the letters that he wrote to God, he never wrote about himself. He wrote about all the people in his life (even the bully at school). That was so amazing. Isn't that the way we are supposed to be, selfless and prayerful for even our enemies.

The movie really made me aware of how truly fortunate that I am and how much I take things for granted. The little boy touched everyone around him in a very positive way and left everyone feeling good. I think I should strive to be that way.

If you get a chance to watch this movie, you should. I am going to watch it again with my family (I think my boys should see it). The host of our MNO said that she purchased the DVD from Lifeway (last week) because it was on sale. This is one movie that I would like to add to my collection, I think if it is still on sale this week I'll purchase it too.

If you've seen it, let me know what you think about it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you read the book? I'm curious about how closely the movie follows the book. The book was excellent and I'm glad I own it. Definitely made me thankful and grateful.

Connie said...

This family are friends of Margie A. She knew the little boy. I have met his stepmom. Some of the prayers are actual prayers he wrote. I think his dad did an awesome job of coming up with this story and incorporating some of what happened into the movie. I went and saw it at the movie theater and cried the whole time. Thankfully Margie had warned me because she went to the premiere so I took a whole new pack of kleenex. I want to watch it again and write down some of the sayings because they were so good.

Jena said...

No, Tima, I haven't read the book. I usually like books better than movies, but I haven't read this one so I don't know how they compare. I did think the movie was excellent though. Sounds like I might have to read the book too.
~Jena

Related Posts with Thumbnails