Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I am NUTS about this


Frank and I went on a little outing around Valentine's Day (we don't get that often) while my dad watched the boys for us. When we were there, I spotted this antique Nut and Bolt bin from an old hardware store. I love it! I want one.



It is really neat. The top is a hexagonal shape with triangular drawers on every side and it pivots all the way around on top of the base. The base it just a square with drawers on two sides. It is about 5 feet tall.

Frank said that it would be easy enough to make (but when is he going to have the time, I mean really?) and not too expensive (the hardware - drawer pulls - would be the most expensive).

I'm not sure why, but there is something aesthetically pleasing to me about this. This particular one was not for sale, when I got home I began searching the internet for these and they are VERY expensive (again Frank mentioned that he could make one - I asked him if he would and he laughed, you know the "I would love to, but when would I ever get around to it" laugh). Oh, well. A girl has to have something to wish for right?

I was telling my dad about it and he told me that my grandpa used to have one and sold it years ago for $200.00. To make sure he knew what I meant I showed him the pictures that I took (above) and he said that was what grandpa had. Whoa! What I wouldn't do to have that. I think it would be so cool to have my grandpa's old nut and bolt bin (I am very sentimental too).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! This is really cool. I'd love one too. Understand the very busy husband though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails