Saturday, March 12, 2011

How to trap a leprechaun

Anthony's assignment was to build a leprechaun trap. I had done some research on line and found some traps to give him an idea, but he and his brothers wanted to come up with one all their own.

This is what they came up with...



They did it all by themselves (Anthony's 2 older brothers helped).



The green crayon is attached to a string which is attached to the gold stick. When the leprechaun goes to get the "gold coins", you pull the string and trap him under the box.

What is a leprechaun trap without a leprechaun?



I saw this cute little guy and crocheted him for Anthony's trap. (Forgot to get a picture of him near the trap.) He is larger than the trap. I wanted Anthony to make this leprechaun trap, and he would have fit in it. Since that was the trap I had in mind, I began to crochet the leprechaun. As I mentioned, the boys had their own idea and my leprechaun didn't fit. I had fun making him though. You can find the leprechaun pattern here. Note: I did follow the pattern directions, but my leprechaun is not in the same proportion as theirs. I was hurrying up, trying to finish it in the car at school the day he was to turn in his trap (I may have over stuffed him and that might have something to do with it.)

Thank goodness (before I overstuffed him) Anthony asked me to make him look like he was hugging someone. Unintentionally (unless my sub-conscience took over) he looks like he has outstretched arms.

1 comment:

kristen said...

what a cute craft! such a fun way to catch a leprechaun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails