Friday, January 28, 2011

If I'd known you were coming, I would have baked a cake


This is the cake that I mentioned here. It is a simple cake, it is a Duncan Hines butter recipe. I made the Wilton buttercream frosting, but I used butter flavor Crisco. That is what gave it the beautiful pale yellow color. (I didn't use a drop of food coloring.)

I made an 8 inch cake and torted it, put French vanilla pudding between the layers. Covered it with the pale yellow frosting. I did tone on tone, the whole cake is decorated with the same yellow frosting. I simply did a shell border around the top edge (I didn't have room on the bottom, it would have looked better if I could have done a shell edge there also). I wrote everyone's name on the top and then I put dots all over it.

I wish now that I had not put the dots on top (I still like them on the sides though), because with all the names, it was too busy. But hey, it tasted good and that's what matters, right?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails