Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Finally...pillowcases for my boys



I have made several pillowcases, but all as gifts for someone else. The boys have been wanting me to make pillowcases for them. It seems that I always have something else to do or I don't have the fabric or...well you get the picture.

A friend of ours gave me some really cute frog fabric and fish fabric. I made Anthony and Rance pillowcases out of that fabric.

I was at Wal-Mart several months ago and found the most adorable "Camping Fabric" on the clearance rack and picked up enough to do 3 pillowcases (OH, how I wish I had gotten more).

I thought it would be perfect for Frank and the boys when they go camping with Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts (Lee is now in Boy Scouts - I call him by his middle name Lee, but since he has gotten older, he wants to be called by his first name Franklin - or Frank, so the Franklin pillowcase is for him instead of DH).






The red fabric that I used for the trim is not solid (it is sort of mottled), I'm not sure if it shows up in the picture or not.

If you want to make one of your own, you can find out how here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails