Monday, July 12, 2010

Baby Gifts

I saw this adorable Ruffle-Butt Onesie at Crap I've Made. I have been dying to make it ever since, but having boys (and all out of the onesie stage anyway), I've not really had a reason to. That is until there was a baby shower for a girl (I say girl because she's in her twenties and I am almost 40) at church and guess what? How did you guess...she's having a girl!

So I got my chance to make the Ruffle-Butt Onesie. I thought that it turned out really cute. Since the new baby has an older sister, I didn't do the colors in pink. I chose orange and yellow. [I remember getting all blue - I have 4 boys - and if the occasional green or brown would come through in gift form, I would be ecstatic.]



And of course, I love my embroidery machine so I had to embroider something for the new baby (so I did a burp cloth). I kept with the orange and yellow theme. I had an orange and yellow striped ribbon and I used the orange and yellow for the monogram and name.


Here they are together. What do you think?


I do love my embroidery machine, A LOT. Thanks Frank and boys. When I was expecting Lee embroidery was becoming really popular, but I chose to quit work and stay home with him (so our budget was really tight). I was not able to have very many things embroidered with any of my kids. (I did break down and get a couple of burp cloths embroidered for Lee, but that was all I could afford.) Since I really wanted things personalized with my baby's name on them and couldn't afford it, I think new moms might feel the same way. (Just like a new bride loves to see her new last name.) That's one of the main reasons that I love to give personalized gifts.

What's your favorite, most special, most memorable baby shower gift that you received (or given)?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails