Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

First of all. I want to say thank you to all the service men and women, past and present that have helped to make my life what it is today. Without all of you, I would not have the freedoms that I have today, my children would not be able to grow up and become what they really want to be.

I am proud to be an American and I realize that freedom is NOT free and I thank you for giving me and my family our freedoms. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day today!!!

Now, for my weight challenge. I lost 2 lbs. this week (for a total of 4.4 lbs.). I have to say that I am a little disappointed. I ate less sweets (almost none) and I drank fewer cokes (as we say in the South, sodas, pop, whatever you say where you are). I wasn't able to walk (this has been an extremely busy week - the last week of school, yaaaaaay!), but I didn't miss one day of my Daily Dozen Exercises, I only missed one day of my fidget-cisers, and I tried to jump rope some (since I couldn't walk).

This past Saturday, we had a birthday party here for Anthony and Champ (their b-days are about 10 days apart). So with school getting out and all the last minute stuff that comes with that (award ceremonies, Pre-K graduation, etc.), I was planning and implementing a party. That has come and gone, but it's not over yet. This coming weekend I am hosting our MOPS Steering Team Retreat. I am so excited!!!



The Retreat is where we plan our whole next MOPS year (all the meetings, activities, guest speakers, etc.). It is a lot of work in a short amount of time, but it is so worth it. I became our MOPS Coordinator in March of this year, so I have never planned or prepared a retreat before. I hope I can make it fun and productive at the same time for all the ladies that make our MOPS group what it is.

We have a fairly new MOPS group, we just finished our third year. And I am so excited to be a part of this group and a part of the planning process of the up and coming year. I am so nervous, but excited too. I just hope that the Steering Team has a great time and that they will be able to make memories and friendships that last a lifetime.

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

sweetie, don't fret over not having lost more weight, you're exercising and that builds muscle (even if it's just a tone) and muscle weighs more than fat! Feel better?

< That's what people always tell me when I'm working to loose weight and it doesn't help much, I just wanted to try it out on someone else - so snort - you're my guinea pig!>

Related Posts with Thumbnails