Monday, October 11, 2010

Something Smells Good



I just made my first batch of homemade sour dough bread for this fall. The house smells so good when I bake homemade bread. I usually start making it around the first of November and make it through Christmas (I'm usually tired of it by then and stop making it). I decided to start a little earlier this year (it just seemed right).

My kids are so excited. They love this stuff.

The recipe is supposed to make 3 large loaves, but I have a Pampered Chef loaf pan (stoneware) and a 4 mini-loaves pan (stoneware) and 1 batch of bread fills up both of those pans. I love doing it like that, that way we can eat a loaf (yes the large loaf - there are 6 of us and my kids go to town on it) and then I can wrap up each of the 4 smaller loaves and share. It's great to give as teacher gifts or to a friend as a happy (or simply just because). It makes me happy to share.

You can also freeze it for later.

Smelling the bread is making my mouth water. I need to go make some homemade honey butter to go on it. YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Homemade Honey Butter Recipe:
Butter softened
Honey

Take equal amounts of softened butter and honey and mix well, keep chilled. Serve over warm bread or yeast rolls.

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

Well, aren't we just two peas in a pod? I busted out my bread maker two weeks ago! I love how we are such good friends although we've never met. Sorry I've been away from the blog world for so long (got your email) I've missed you too! I'm still here and I'm coming back, PROMISE!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails