Saturday, October 16, 2010

An Apron for Lee



Lee wants to be a chef when he grows up so he helps me in the kitchen a lot. He has been ruining his pants by wiping his hands on them so I made him an apron.

It is made out of red duck canvas (should be very durable) and it is adjustable (will allow for some growth). The pattern is McCall's M5551. I embroidered his initials on the bib part of the apron (at his request). It called for 2 other pockets, but I left them out. I didn't feel it needed it - it still has 3 pockets (plus one was supposed to be on the bib part of the apron and I wouldn't have been able to embroider on it).

Now I expect lots of goodies from him and the kitchen.

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

So cool. I have one that wants to be a chef and helps out in (practically takes over) the kitchen and I've been meaning to make an apron for him. Problem? No time & I don't know how to follow a pattern! LOL! One day though... one day... mark my words... and I'll blog it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails