Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pumpkin Bread (that has absolutely no pumpkin in it whatsoever)



I saw this and was just dying to try it, but didn't have enough yeast. I couldn't wait to get to the store and get some yeast.

The pumpkin bread is supposed to become a bread bowl for dips and such. I just made it to see if I could and to see how hard it would be. I will make spinach dip next time to put in it.

I think it is so cute and I will use it to decorate my table (and of course to eat) for Halloween, Thanksgiving and possibly Christmas (we eat pumpkin pie at Christmas).

I also think it would be cute to give as a teacher or hostess gift for the holidays.

I will have to tweak the recipe slightly. I followed it exactly as the recipe calls for, but it was too dry. I also adjusted the heat on my oven (my oven cooks hot) and took it out before the alloted time, but the stems still got a little too done. All in all, not bad for my first try. Can't wait to do it again.

Want to come over and help me eat all this yummy bread?

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

OH! I am SO gonna try THIS!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails