Friday, April 10, 2009

A Little Secret

I want to let you in on a little secret...one of my favorite crafting tools.

A wood burning tool. ******WAIT***** Don't stop reading yet. I don't do wood burning. Want to know what I use it for????????

Cutting ribbon (for when I make my totes, purses, etc.). It cuts the ribbon and keeps it from fraying at the same time (heat seals it). I have also used it to cut nylon webbing (for handles and such). I have to let you know where I learned that little secret, I learned it from the Ribbon Retreat, you can check it out here, scroll down to where it says 'How to seal your ribbon ends.'

I also wrote a little about them before and you can check it out here.

If I remember correctly, Hobby Lobby sells a wood burning tool kit for $7 or $8 and if you wait until they have a 40% off internet coupon, it is dirt cheap.

Just wanted you to know.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails