Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cake Decorating

Hobby Lobby is offering their Cake Decorating Class for 1/2 off right now (check it out here).

I took this same class from them a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. I took all 3 levels because I enjoyed the previous class so much. I still make cakes occasionally (not as much as my kids would like), if I make them too often we (when I say we I really mean me) eat them too much. Very delicious, but not very healthy. I have made my hubby take cakes to work with him before so the temptation is not too strong.

It is really nice for special occasions to make a cake and to be proud to take it somewhere (which is something that I would not do prior to taking the class). If you are pretty decent at cake decorating you can still take the class to polish your skills or learn some new skills.

I had a friend and my cousin took cake decorating class before I did (I wanted to, but wasn't sure about it) and they convinced me to take the class (simply by showing me the cakes they made themselves). I was very impressed.

If this is something that interests you, please check it out with your local Hobyy Lobby.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails