Friday, July 8, 2011

My Special Friend

All my friends are special, but this particular one is special because she and I have been friends since we were about 15 years old and we have never met.

Go, ahead and re-read it if you want. We are both 40 years old, have been friends since we were 15 and we have never met (we've been friends for 25 years).

You see when I took Spanish (my Freshman year in High School), everyone in Spanish class was required to get a Pen-Pal from Spain or Mexico. Balbi is my Pen-Pal from Spain. She and I still write, although it is now e-mails (very few hand written letters). We have kept in touch all these years. She writes more often than I do (I am so fortunate for her to not give up on me). I have good intentions, but life gets in the way sometimes.

It is very neat that she and I were both born in November (less than 2 weeks apart) in the same year in two different countries, became friends, and stayed friends all these years.

Well, Balbi just had her first child, a baby boy! Boy is he beautiful. He almost makes me want to have another one...ALMOST!

I made these burp cloths for Balbi and her precious new little one and mailed them to go over seas to Spain.






To see other things going to Spain, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails