Friday, July 15, 2011

Buckets of Friendship

A friend of mine saw the bucket (that is pictured next to the finished chair) here and called me to ask where I got it (just at the local Dollar Store) and she went to get some. Then she saw the buckets that I decorated here, here, and here and requested 3 (one for herself, one for her mother and one for a friend).

So this is what the bucket looked like when she bought it (you know, a BEFORE picture)...


And this is one of them finished (you know, an AFTER picture)...


It's hard to tell in the picture, but the bucket is lime green with navy blue lettering. I failed to take a picture of the other two, but one was burgandy with 'Welcome' in black letters and the last (but not least) was candy apple red with black letters.

I primed each bucket with a metal primer in white. Then I put several light coats of color on each bucket, allowing them to dry in between coats. While they were drying, I cut the letters out with my Cricut and when they were completely dry, I applied the letters. Makes a great gift!

2 comments:

Connie said...

What exactly are you using for the letters that you are putting in your circut and where did you get it?

Jena said...

They (Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart, JoAnn's) sell self-adhesive vinyl in rolls specifically to use in that type of machine. It is near the Cricut machines and supplies. I like to get mine at Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's with the 40% off coupon (if you get the off-brand vinyl or the Silhouette brand vinyl you can use the coupon, if you get the Cricut brand, you can NOT use the coupon).

Related Posts with Thumbnails