Friday, February 4, 2011

Sneak Peek




Here is a sneak peek at something that is in my work basket. I am also trying to work on my photography skills (they are so lacking - in everything).

I have worked with crochet thread before and the normal yarns, but I have never used thick yarns. I have always wanted to, I just love the texture and the chunkiness (if that is even a word and if not - I'm going to use it anyway and make up my own word) of it.

I found those knitting needles on clearance somewhere (for a little bit of nothing) a couple of years ago (before I learned to knit - knowing that I wanted to learn). I thought they were the perfect size for the thick yarn. It is really easy to work with and I am loving it.

I am using the yarn that I bought for this project. It is LionBrand Wool Ease Thick & Quick in Butterscotch. **Just a side note, I still use that decorating idea and I keep adding yarns to it (and taking them away for different projects like the one above). I also change out colors for seasons (reds and greens for Christmas, pastels for spring, etc.). Not only do I like to vary the colors, but also the textures. I am big on texture.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails