Thursday, October 8, 2009

Unique Centerpiece



I saw this idea in a magazine (can't remember which one and I am sorry - I really like to give credit where credit is due). It is now my favorite centerpiece. [It is just so 'me.']

They suggested getting fall colored balls of yarn and placing them in a wooden bowl as a center piece. I thought it was beautiful (they showed a picture). I, of course, had to put my own twist on it. I love baskets, so instead of a bowl I used a basket (found this one at Hancock fabrics @ 1/2 off - grin). I also had to use different textures of yarn (Lion Brand Yard was on sale at Hancock Fabrics also). I used Homespun in Candy Apple, Wool-Ease Wortsted Weight in Paprika, Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in Butterscotch and Micro Spun in Coffee.

I really need to get a few more skeins of yarn to roll into balls. I didn't realize (until I got home, rolled the yarn into balls and placed the balls into the basket) that the basket was so big. I thought that the basket would be fuller. I can always add to it later. (This might also be good at Christmas with reds and greens, silver and gold shimmer yarns.)

My favorite thing about this centerpiece, is that I can use the yarn later for other projects. It doesn't sit on the table for a few weeks and then collect dust the rest of the year. (I could also use the Candy Apple color for Christmas too).

What's your favorite centerpiece?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails