Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blanket for a boy



One of my closest friends asked me if I would make a blanket and pillow for a little boy's birthday. She said that he loved John Deere tractors. (I think that he is 4.)



I made a crib size blanket (so it would be large enough to cover him, but small enough for him to carry around) with JD flannel on one side and solid green cotton on the back and I used a yellow satin binding around the edges. I embroidered his name in yellow.


I purchased a travel size pillow and made a matching pillow case for it. The pillowcase itself is the JD flannel, the edge of the pillowcase is the solid green and I embroidered his name in yellow on the green trim of the pillowcase.




My friend intended for Morgan to use it now, but I think his mom is planning on putting it up for Kindergarten next year.

My husband works for a New Holland/Kubota Tractor dealership. I thought he was going to divorce me for making something with green tractors. (Just kidding, but only a little.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails