Monday, June 7, 2010

My Progress

O.k., here is my weekly progress. I know you don't really care, but posting here keeps me accountable and I hope it inspires you (because if I can do it - anybody can).

I am still at 146 lbs. (total weight loss = 4.4 lbs.) and this time I am not disappointed (actually relieved). This past week has been a crazy week and I am just grateful that I did not gain any. (Really - we had our MOPS Steering Team Retreat and the ladies all brought wonderfully yummy snacks and I have no self-control.) I also drank a few cokes, don't think I got all of my water in.

I was able to do my Daily Dozen Exercises everyday, wasn't able to walk or jump rope, wasn't able to do any of the fidgetcisers either. I am lucky that I didn't gain weight. I will try to get back on track and see if I can do better this week.

At the beginning (3 weeks ago) I took my measurements. I will not bore you with all of those details, but I will tell you the measurements that Denise Austin recommends you taking.

Waist (at the skinniest part, if it is all about the same, take it around your belly button)
Hips (at the widest part)
Left Thigh
Right Thigh
Chest
Left Upper Arm
Right Upper Arm
Left Vertical Buttocks
Right Vertical Buttocks

Sparing you all the gory details, my total loss in inches from 3 weeks ago today, drum roll please........................8 inches! Wow, I am impressed. I was not expecting that. Best part: I really wasn't able to tell that I was losing inches (I mean 1/2 inch here and so forth, it wasn't that noticeable to me), but DH said he could tell.

I am unable to tell much by the way my clothes fit (not loose enough yet), but according to the scales, tape measure and DH this "Life Change" (as Denise calls it) is working. I am hoping that my clothes will feel better and look better on me real soon. Anyway, I am encouraged with my results and will continue and not give up (which is what I normally do when I don't get results or don't get results fast enough).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails