Thursday, December 11, 2008

New to Couponing

I am new to couponing, but I went to Walgreen's yesterday and saved 74%. I bought 2 Arm & Hammer Laundry detergents for $1.99 ea. (with store coupon - I think that if I had a manf. coupon I could have used that too for even better savings), regularly $6.99 ea. I also bought Sure Deodorant for $0.49 (it was supposed to be FREE). It was regularly $2.99 on sale for $2.50 (they charged me full price instead of sale price) and I had a store coupon for $1.50 off and a manufacturer's coupon for $1.00 off.

I am proud of myself because just a few weeks ago I bought what I needed when I needed it and never really thought about the price. If I had a coupon, I would use it, but now I am maximizing my savings by matching coupons with sales to get FREE or really cheap items. I am more conscience of my spending and what things cost. I am trying to stockpile FREE and extremely cheap items. I have several tubes of toothpaste that I got a few weeks ago FREE or really cheap (like $0.25 or $0.50).

I am not very good yet, but with time and practice I hope to get better. I am also playing the Grocery Game. That is helping buy more for less. Right now I cannot see my grocery bill going down, but I can see my stockpile getting larger (or even existant before it was non-existant) for the same amount of money I was spending. So I am getting more for the same money, I hope to be able to reduce my grocery bill when I no longer have a long list of 'need' items.

I am watching several blogs for help with CVS and Walgreens (that is all new to me also). I am having fun with it. I am always excited to get my receipt and see (or figure out) how much I have saved.

I am a big Kroger shopper and I love stacking manf. coupons with Shortcuts or Cellfire e-coupons! The other day at Kroger I got 12 rolls of toilet paper for about $0.06 a roll. That's right - not a typo (I paid $0.25 for a 4 pack of Cottonelle). I bought 3 pkgs. for $0.99 ea. I had a coupon from a blinkie at Kroger that said $0.75/3. Then I also had 2 $0.50 Shortcuts e-coupons and 1 $0.50 Cellfire e-coupon. Sometimes I'm able to get them for FREE (a $0.50 manf. coupon that Kroger doubles OR a $0.25 coupon that Kroger doubles and a $0.50 Shortcuts or Cellfire e-coupon).

Also, as an added bonus...Cottonelle toilet paper has Box Tops for Education (I collect them for my kids' school). Isn't this fun?!?!

30 Ways to Be a Nicer Person suggestion #2...

2) Put your shopping cart back where it belongs instead of leaving it in the middle of the parking lot.

~Jena

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails