Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Crafts



Filet Crochet

I crocheted a couple of doilies for my niece and grand-niece for Christmas. They can be matted and framed and they are beautiful. We are having Christmas with my in-laws this coming weekend, they will get them then. They are both babies and their mothers' can mat and frame them to match their rooms if that's what they want to do.

I love it! We usually have Christmas with my family the week before Christmas and we have Christmas with the in-laws the week after Christmas (New Year's weekend) and we have Christmas with just my immediate family (hubby and boys and Papaw) on Christmas! It is so not stressful this way.

I so enjoy crocheting. My great-aunt taught me how to chain stitch when I was about 8 or 9 years old and the rest was self-taught just a few years ago (bought a book and trial and error). I would love to learn to knit. I have tried teaching myself this also (but with kids running around the house it is difficult to read, knit, read, knit and not get lost). I will get it evetually (I think). I wish I had some of my great-aunt's crochet patterns. She used to crochet us a boggin with a pom-pom on the top. I would love to have that pattern.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails