Friday, May 11, 2012

Teacher Appreciation


This is the last day of Teacher Appreciation Week.  My kids wanted to take their teachers something (since I have 3 in school - 2 are in middle school and have multiple teachers - I can only do so much).  Yes, we did 10 pair of scissors.

I saw this idea on Crap I've Made and Char has an excellent tutorial.

I purchased my scissors from Hobby Lobby and they were made a little different from the scissors that Char used.  Not a big deal, just a little more work.  Char said that she got her scissors at Dollar Tree - I went there later to look for some and I found a pretty good selection - they are easier to decorate and less expensive too.  I now have several that I am going to keep on hand for a later use (see last paragraph).

I am pleased with how they turned out.  My 2 oldest boys helped with it.  It's too big of a job for little kids.  They seemed to be proud of the scissors.

The tag says "You are a cut above the rest."  What teacher doesn't need scissors?  And since they are so different - hopefully they will be returned if borrowed (although they are so cute - they might not be).

I really like the black handled scissors with apples (my son used it for his only man teacher).

This would be a great gift for scrapbookers, crafters or anyone that uses scissors (and don't most people at some time or another?).  They have so many scrapbook papers out there that you can fit anyone's personality (just choose a small print).  I love scrapbook paper - I use it for so many things that aren't even related to scrapbooking.  (It makes good origami paper among other things.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails