Friday, May 4, 2012

My PURSE-onality


While doing the Complaint-Free challenge, I have been having everyone take the personality test.  I am Sanguine, my DH is Phlegmatic with lots of Melancholy (I thought he was the opposite - Melancholy with lots of Phlegmatic - he's almost equal so I guess it doesn't really matter), my oldest son is Phlegmatic (almost entirely Phlegmatic - with little anything else) my second son is Choleric with a lot of Sanguine.  (I haven't analyzed the youngest two.)

It is very interesting to do.  If you would like to take a personality test and find out what you are or try to figure out what someone else is you can go to Cheri's page and link up from there.  The link is about half way down her post (right under the PURSE diagram and above the red words "More Like God Created You and Me To Be").  You can take it online or you can print it off and take it that way.

I am also learning more about myself.  I know that I complain more in the car (she didn't use her blinker, he's going too fast, that person is going to slow, they took my parking spot, you get the idea).  It's something that I am trying to work on.  I have even been switching my bracelet when I think a complaint (I don't always verbalize them).  Because..."Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" (Luke 6:45).   I feel like verbalization is only a symptom to the real problem - my attitude.  I need to change my attitude and then everything else will fall into place.

The nice thing about this challenge - it is making me more aware of my words, my actions and even my thoughts.  I can start working on my attitude.

I have also found it difficult to not complain around some people more than others.  I don't know if they bring out the worst in me OR if I bring out the WORST IN THEM?!?!  Either way - it is something that I need to desperately work on.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails