Tuesday, April 24, 2012

How is it going?



O.K.  So how is The Husband Project going?  Were you able to give your man some transitional time yesterday?  My husband played ball with the boys for a little while and then he went and drove his tractor.  When he came in from driving the tractor, I had the table set and supper waiting for him.  I hope he enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed giving him some transitional time.

Do you have your plan for today?  The next project is rekindling an interest in an old hobby of your husband's.  My husband never really had any hobbies, he has always enjoyed farming.  I think I'll pick up a farm magazine for him today and have it waiting for him when he gets home.

Let me know if The Husband Project is working for you.  Is it hard for you to come up with ideas or is it easy?  Does your husband notice?  (Not mine, but it's kind of neat because I feel like I have my own little secret - I wonder when will he catch on?)  Does him noticing (or not noticing) make you want to try harder or just give up?  Well, don't give up.  This is just the beginning.

I know when I first started trying to be extra nice to him (make him feel as special as he really is), I didn't think Frank noticed (he never said anything, he didn't act differently).  After greeting him at the door when he arrived home from work everyday with a kiss for several weeks, I slipped and was pre-occupied with something and didn't kiss him right away.  (Yes, I try to drop everything and kiss him before he either gets in the door or before he has a chance to close the door behind him - but, I'm not perfect and I mess up every now and then.)  He noticed THAT!  He asked if I was o.k., was there anything wrong, and all sorts of questions before I caught on to what he really was trying to ask ('Why didn't I get my routine welcome home kiss today?').  Don't give up ladies, if you think he doesn't notice - he probably does and just isn't saying anything or doesn't know what to say.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails