Sunday, May 22, 2011

Decorative Table Tray



For Christmas, my kids got a Melissa and Doug toy and it came in this wooden box.





It was just too good to throw away, but I wasn't sure what to do with it. It hung around here since Christmas. I would move it from one place to the next, not sure what to do with it.



Finally I thought that it would make a nice tray.



I spray painted it black (several coats), then I added drawer pulls (got from Hobby Lobby when they were 40% off - YEAH!) to the sides for handles.



I cut black and white hounds-tooth print scrapbook paper to fit the inside bottom of the tray, glued it with spray adhesive - made it wrinkle slightly but most of the wrinkles came out as it dried, and covered it with Mod Podge.



Now I've got this really cute decorative tray.



What do you think?

Hey look, my place mats and table runner match this project here.

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

How very very clever! I love!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails