Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Tote"ally Terrific Teacher

O.k. I have had all kinds of ideas for Anthony's teacher this year, but my timing has been all wrong (at least I've had a plan - I usually have good intentions, but wait until the last minute and don't get anything accomplished).

I had a plan for Teacher Appreciation Week and gave it to her early (didn't have too, but it went so well with the theme - now I still have to come up with something for Teacher Appreciation Week). I had an idea for Christmas (more about that later on in this post), but found out Anthony's teacher's birthday is Saturday of this week. So she will be getting her Christmas present for her birthday instead of Christmas (and now I've got to come up with something for Christmas).

Background info...
The school's mascot is a 'bee' image and has green and gold for their colors. Anyway, it is very hard to find any thing with a bee that is in green and gold, but very easy to find bees with black and gold colors. So that's what I went with.

I made Anthony's teacher a tote bag (you know, for grade books, papers to be graded, etc.). I used a black fabric with a white polka dot. I embroidered her name in a yellow-gold.


I lined the bag with a yellow fabric that has bees on it.


It's not too big, but not too small. I made the handles long enough to go over her shoulder (you know that teachers have enough to carry already) so it might free up her hands. I used a black nylon webbing for the handles (should hold up really well).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails