Thursday, February 5, 2009

Crocheted Hearts


I crocheted this cute heart (in navy even though it looks black in the picture). I got the idea from Diary of a SAHM and she has a link to the pattern. It is pretty easy and fast. It is also a great way to use up your little balls of yarn (not enough for a big project, but too much to throw away). I love to crochet (I do it more in the winter and less in the summer because it can get hot under all that yarn - if you do a big project - like an afghan). I do not knit, but would love to learn. I may try my hand at it sometime.

Check out what we're going to have for dinner tonight - gyros made in the crockpot - check it out here. I got this recipe from A Year of Crockpotting and I have been dying to try it out, so I'm doing it for supper to night. I cannot wait.

I went to Kroger on Tuesday night (fairly late) to do my grocery shopping and they announced over the intercom that they were marking their Rotissiery Chicken down and I bought 3. I put one in the fridge and the kids and I had it for lunch Wednesday (chicken sandwiches) and we all had it for supper Wed. night with veggies and my hubby took it for lunch today. Great deal for $2.99 (It fed 6 of us twice). The other 2 I put in the freezer for later. It is great for casseroles or what ever (it is already cooked and seasoned).

~Jena

1 comment:

Amanda from Faith, Food and Family said...

I need to run upon that! What an awesome deal! Enjoy your tasty find. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails