Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Homemade Honey Butter

I have been wanting to give you the recipe for the Honey Butter to go with the Sour Dough Bread, but I have sick boys to take care of. The recipe is easy enough, but I haven't been able to take a picture of it. Oh, well...here is the recipe anyway (without a picture).

Home Made Honey Butter Recipe

1 stick margarine or butter, softened
honey (to taste)

Pour honey into your softened butter and mix together until smooth. Taste, if it needs more honey add more. Refrigerate.

I am really into FlyLady but with sick boys for 2 weeks now, I have fallen way off the wagon. The youngest, Rance age 2, has had a cold for 2 weeks. Anthony, age 3, ran a fever for a couple of day and then just had cold symptoms that turned into an ear infection. He has been on antibiotics for a few days now and was feeling better, until tonight. He kept telling me that he had a tummy ache (I thought it was from his antibiotics), but tonight he threw up and he is running a fever. I guess he has a stomach virus. : o ( Lee, the oldest (age 9, soon to be 10) started running a fever on Monday morning and is still running one. We are going to the Dr. tomorrow.

I knew the nurse jinxed us. When I took Rance to the Dr. last Monday, she said "We haven't seen you in a long time." Then I had to take Anthony on Friday for his ear and yes we are going tomorrow for Lee. Champ is the only one (besides DH and myself) that hasn't been sick. I hope he doesn't get it. (It will be the 3rd time in 10 days.)

Oh, back to Fly Lady...thanks to her (menu planning is the new habit for this month) and to Menus4Moms, I had some meals in the freezer and was able to provide a home cooked hot meal for the family almost every night. I had just gotten started so my freezer is almost out of pre-prepared meals, and my house is not as clean as I would like it, but I will get back on track when everyone is well again.

~Jena

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails