Saturday, June 30, 2012

Stamped Coasters

When I was looking for tiles for this project...
I found these and fell in love with them.  They are very porous and I was afraid that my vinyl wouldn't stick to it very well.  But I really, really, really liked this tile.  So, what's a girl to do?

Check out Pinterest of course!  I found this tutorial and was able to use these great tiles to make these...
Note:  These are not the same tiles used in the tutorial mentioned above, I have also purchased and used those tiles too, both work and look great.  They just have slightly different looks.  Find what you like best and use that.

This is being donated to my MOPS group as part of a fundraiser (this is just 1 of 4 - all different, but coordinate nicely).

I used these as a 'Thank You' gift for a friend.  Champ (my son) even got involved and made a set to be used as a gift for someone.  I really like these.  I have made several sets as gifts, tied them together with sisal, ribbon, rick-rack, etc.  (P.S.  Since my last coaster tutorial I was able to find the felt circles and that is what I am using under the above tile coasters.)

Note:  These edges are finished so I did not have to glue ribbon around the edges.  If you like the ribbon look, it could still probably be done.  These tiles are rustic looking and I think the ribbon would be too formal for them, but maybe something else that's more rustic too???

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails