Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Unusual Small Necklace


I have 4 humming bird feeders. I had 2 last year and added 2 more this year. Hummingbirds bring me great pleasure to watch. This year I found 2 hummingbird feathers underneath my feeders. I was so excited! I put a penny next to them so you could get an idea of the actual size of them -very tiny.

I wanted to preserve them and showcase them at the same time. I thought about a necklace that I had seen my friend Katy wear (she's a Stampin' Up rep, you can check her out here). Anyway, I contacted Katy and had her order me a necklace and this is what I did with my hummingbird feathers...



I wore them to church one Sunday and everyone thought that it was so neat. I love wearing my hummingbird feathers, that too brings me pleasure.

Another blogging friend of mine has a couple of neat posts on her hummingbird, you can check it out here and here.

1 comment:

The Family of Logo said...

Very neat! My babies have grown up and flown the nest - I need to schedule a blog for that but I've had a tough week (you can read all about it)- anyways, I have the nest but never saw any feathers. This is so cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails