Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nursery Ensemble

A good friend of mine (the one that suggested me putting a boutique in my home salon) needed a baby gift for a friend and asked me to make it. She said the mom bought a black w/ white polka dot diaper bag and she wanted a bib, burp cloth, receiving blanket and wipes case to match. She said that she also wanted the baby's name embroidered in hot pink on the items.

This is what I came up with...



...a wipes case (top view)...



...a wipes case (angled view)...



...a burp cloth (free instructions here)...



...a bib...



...a receiving blanket (free instructions here).





I used jumbo rick rack in hot pink for trim to match the embroidered name. On the back of the receiving blanket I used black flannel. It is soft and it won't show stains (spit up, if you lay it down on a dirty surface to keep baby clean, diaper blow-outs, etc.).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails