Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Taste of Summer (Sort of)





In the June issue of Martha Stewart Living magazine on page 38, she showcased Watermelon pot holders, suggesting collecting and then displaying them. I loved the idea, but I didn't have any. Since I am all about instant gratification, I decided that finding them and collecting them could take quite awhile (after all I do not have a full staff and resources like Martha does) - it still sounds fun and is something that I might do, but for now - I made a couple myself.

I had some cotton yarn (bought a little more) and I perused the internet for free watermelon crocheted pot holder patterns. There are several out there, I chose a couple and made them (I can continue to add to my collection each month or every year). I thought it would be cute to decorate the table with them this summer or to use them on picknicks. Watermelons definitely make me think of summer.

While I was making the watermelon pot holders, something in the back of my mind kept nagging me. Something else summery. I remember seeing a pattern for this...



I searched my favorites files and found the pattern here. An orange slice potholder in bright cheery orange yarn. It too is very summery. (You could take this pattern and run with it, do it in bright green for a lime or in bright yellow for a lemon.) Lots of fun!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails