Friday, March 23, 2012

Look what was in a tree behind our barn...


...it is hard to tell in the picture (I do not have a great camera), but the binoculars were very clear...

IT'S A BALD EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

If you look in the center of the picture you can see a white spot and a brown spot beneath it, that's the eagle's white head and brown body sitting in a tree. He may be hard to find - it's like an eye spy game.

I think that is so cool. My husband spotted him late Wednesday evening when he was feeding the cows

and then came in to eat supper and told us about it. As soon as we finished eating, he took us out to see it. We took pictures and looked at him through the binoculars for quite a while. We were able to watch him preen himself and to fly.

I have checked back around the same spot for the last 2 days and haven't seen him again. I guess he was just passing through, but I was hoping that he would set up residency here. Oh, well. It was good while it lasted.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails